Lets Find out Top 100 Questions to Ask Before A Serious Relationship here.
In the world of relationships, polyamory and polyamory are becoming more common. It is critical that you and your partner agree on your expectations for the relationship. Do you intend to stay in the same city? Would you be okay with a long-distance relationship if your partner had to relocate?
Before you make your relationship serious, there are a few questions you should ask yourself and your partner. These questions should assist you in defining the connection, determining where you stand, and moving in the proper route. No matter how compatible you are with someone, if you don’t agree on a few basic things about your future and your aspirations, the relationship will fail.
Recommended Reading: What’s an OkCupid Boost? Best Time to Use & How to Make the Most Of It
Recommended Reading: OkCupid Incognito Mode & Your OkCupid Privacy Options
Top 100 Questions to Ask Before A Serious Relationship
- What are your long-term goals?
- Have you ever been in a serious relationship before?
- How do you see your future?
- Do you have trust issues?
- What is the most important thing in a relationship?
- What is your favorite memory of your family?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- Which is more important to you, money or love? And why?
- What’s something that has changed the way you view the world?
- The above questions are the ones, I think, most important to ask before making things serious. Following are some more questions:
- The bottom line
What are your long-term goals?
Why do you need to know this? What are their long-term goals? This will tell you what they plan on doing in their life and whether or not they will be a hard worker. It is important to ask this question and it can help determine if the two of you are compatible.
What should you look for? Their answer will help determine how much time they spend with friends and family, how many responsibilities they take on, and how far away from home they are willing to go in order to accomplish their goals. Do not judge them for wanting less or more than what you want out of life—their dreams might align perfectly with your own! And if not, that’s okay too—you can still have a great relationship with someone who values different things in life than yourself.
What is your vision for the future? Are we talking about moving closer to family members or across country lines? Are we talking about saving money so that one day we can move into our dream house together? Whatever it may be, it’s good to know ahead of time just so that there aren’t any surprises down the road.
Have you ever been in a serious relationship before?
One of the best ways to learn about a person’s character and compatibility is by learning about their past relationships. For this question, you should be able to find out if the person has been in one or more serious relationships. You will also get a good understanding of how long they have been single and what went wrong with their previous relationship(s). A red flag would be if they have had too many serious relationships in a short period of time as this could indicate instability.
How do you see your future?
Do you have a five-year plan? What are your dreams and aspirations? Where do you see yourself in the future? Do you want to get married and have children in the future? Knowing each other’s plans for the future can help both of you prepare for what is ahead. Whether it is simply a rough outline or if it is very specific, having a glimpse into your partner’s dreams and goals for the future can be beneficial for both of you.
Do you have trust issues?
Do you trust me enough to be in a serious relationship with you? Why or why not? What are your reasons for trusting (or not trusting) me?
If your partner has trust issues, it’s because of something that happened to him or her in the past. Try to find out how they were affected by the situation and what their triggers are. If they had a previous relationship where they were cheated on, they may not want to commit again because of the memories or because their heart has been broken badly.
It’s important to be patient and understanding with partners who have trust issues so that you can build a strong foundation for your relationship.
What is the most important thing in a relationship?
I would say communication and honesty are the most important things in any relationship. You should be able, to be honest with one another without hurting each other, and communicate your feelings in ways that don’t end up making things worse or causing hurt. Being patient and understanding is also important. If you want to work it out, then you shouldn’t go into a relationship expecting someone to change from the beginning because no one changes overnight. You should accept them for who they are, flaws and all.
It takes work to build a strong relationship so you have to be ready for that before jumping into anything serious.[end of section]
What is your favorite memory of your family?
This is your chance to get an understanding of your partner’s childhood. You could hear about the childhood relationship they had with their parents, or it could be a memory of doing something fun with their family. You may hear about a great family vacation or a tradition that has been going on for years.
You get to learn about your partner’s values in this question because you’ll see what he finds important from his memories of his family. If you’re compatible, then you will have some good stories and commonalities between the two of you when it comes to your families.
If he says there aren’t any good memories, then that could be a red flag that there was something traumatic or dysfunctional during his upbringing—this might mean it won’t be easy for him to connect with other people and share his feelings.
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
This is a good question to ask because it will show you what matters most to the other person. What they choose to improve will tell you the values and successes that are important to them.
If he chooses something trivial, like getting rid of a scar, then it shows that he values appearances and is shallow. If she chooses something like “making more money” then it means that she’s perhaps materialistic or caught up in status. However, if he says something like “be less judgmental” or “get better at editing my novel” then it reflects well on him as a potential partner because it shows self-awareness and ambition.
Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
You may be wondering how this question is different from all of the others. What makes it more important? This question provides an excellent opportunity to get to know your partner’s thought process and goals. When asking, it’s important to keep a few things in mind:
- Being honest with yourself about what you want is essential. If you don’t know, that’s fine—but be honest about it!
- Goals are personal and unique, and there’s no right or wrong answer. Don’t worry about what other people have told you they want; focus on communicating your own feelings.
- Be ambitious but realistic. Setting goals you can’t achieve will set you up for failure, so make sure any goals are achievable in three to six months or sooner! For example, running a marathon isn’t typically something one achieves in six months; however, running a half-marathon is a perfectly doable goal.
When thinking about this question both for yourself and for a potential partner, consider concrete fitness goals like joining a sports team (dodgeball is great!), hiking more often (your dog would love it), or trying CrossFit at least once (for the stories).
Which is more important to you, money or love? And why?
Money is more important because it gives you a sense of security. It will give you peace of mind in your life knowing that no matter what happens, you have money to cover any needs or wants that may arise. This sense of security will eventually lead to a more stable relationship with your partner and family.
Love is more important because you can’t buy it. The love between two people can only be found in their hearts and souls, not in their wallets. If the love between two people is strong enough it will prevail over any obstacle thrown its way by society or nature itself! Even if both parties don’t have much money at all-they still have each other’s support which means something far greater than anything else ever could…
Both are equally important because they are tied together. Without love, there would be no reason for money to exist since we wouldn’t need it in order for us humans to live happily on this planet together! In fact, some might argue that money has corrupted society so much now that everyone just cares about themselves and how much money they make rather than being concerned with others’ wellbeing or happiness (which makes me sad). You may also say that without love relationships would fall apart so quickly there’d be no chance of saving them whatsoever… but what do I know? life isn’t always fair!
What’s something that has changed the way you view the world?
Some of these are simple questions. Some are a little more complex. But each is meant to open your heart, touch on deep issues, and help you be honest with yourself about who you are and how you feel about life.
Once upon a time, I was very naive in my thinking. I had a very narrow worldview that wasn’t tied to reality at all. Then something happened—an experience or a conversation that changed everything. It gave me insight into other people’s thoughts and feelings, opening up my mind to see things in a new way. It made me realize that the world isn’t as narrow as we wanted it to be when we were younger.
The above questions are the ones, I think, most important to ask before making things serious. Following are some more questions:
- What irritates you?
- Which kind of transportation is the best or worst?
- What’s one blunder you keep making?
- Is it possible for you to describe your ideal home?
- Right now, at this moment, what are you most grateful for?
- What made you think I was ‘the one?
- Have you ever had a psychic reading? Did it come true?
- What is your favourite memory from our time together?
- What is your favourite sexual memory from our time together?
- What foods make you think of me?
- When was the last time you had a good thought about me?
- What is your favourite service I provide to you?
- What movie makes you think of us?
- Which of your parents do you resemble the most?
- Do you know what you want to do with your life, or are you still looking?
- What’s the finest (and worse) thing in your fridge right now?
- Do you know how to help in a financial meltdown?
- Is it fair to forgive everyone?
- What do you have in your pocket or bag right now?
- Do you have any laws or social rules that utterly perplex you?
- Have you ever looked for meaning or omens in your dreams?
- Have you ever had a teacher who transformed your life?
- Have you ever succeeded in keeping a New Year’s Resolution?
- What are some of your favorite household chores?
- What was the most difficult thing you’ve ever had to do?
- When was the last time you were surprised by yourself?
- Have you ever had to apologize in public?
- Who is the most generous person you’ve ever met? What did they do to be so generous?
- What is your ideal number of children?
- What are the three things that make you feel ready for the day?
- Do you have any bad habits that you wish you could get rid of?
- What is the most flattering praise you’ve ever received?
- Do you suffer from any irrational fears?
- What would you tell your 15-year-old self if you could sit down with her?
- List five things that make you fall in love with me that most others don’t notice.
- What were your first, best, and worst jobs?
- What is your greatest regret?
- Do humans have the right to be happy?
- What would your “pen name” be if you wrote romance or erotica?
- Is there anything in particular that people frequently ask you for assistance with?
- What do you know a lot about? Is it due to education, life experience, or both?
- Have you ever arranged a date for two friends?
- What has been the highlight of your day so far?
- Have you ever had the opportunity to meet one of your heroes?
- What was your proudest moment in the last year?
- Have you ever been truly concerned about your physical safety?
- What’s your all-time worst look?
- What would you do if you had time for a new hobby? Why don’t you try it?
- What do you have a freakish talent for?
- Do you have any physical characteristics that you detest or strive to conceal?
- What animal is your spirit animal?
- What is one film that you could watch once a week for the rest of your life?
- How can you silence your inner critic?
- Do you prefer to be saved or to save others?
- What was the best kiss you’ve ever had?
- What will the title of your upcoming memoir be?
- What do you consider to be the ideal houseguest?
- Which endangered species would you choose if you had the chance to save one from extinction?
- What are your most heinous of heinous pleasures?
- What is your top priority for the remainder of the year?
- What is your personal theme tune or anthem?
- Do you think I’m in love with you?
- When did you realize you had a desire to marry me?
- What is your favorite non-sex activity that we can do as a couple?
- Did you have faith in both of your parents when you were a kid?
- What’s your favorite thing I’ve ever done for you on a special occasion?
- Which of these sexual fantasies is your favorite?
- Which sexual position is your favorite?
- Do you ever have sexual thoughts about me during the day?
- When was the last time you saw an animal in the wild?
- Have you ever had a falling out with a friend and wished you could make amends?
- How do you react when you see your peers/competitors receiving items you want?
- Where do you acquire your finest ideas and when do you receive them?
- Do you identify as an introvert, an extrovert, or an ambivert?
- What’s the most unusual decision you’ve ever made?
- Are you interested in writing a screenplay? (Are you talking about something?)
- What would you learn if you could master a new instrument?
- What do you consider to be your most appealing feature?
- What is the oldest date you’ve ever had?
- What was it that made you fall in love for the first time?
- Have you ever received an award? What was its purpose of it?
- What’s one dream you’ve put aside for the time being?
- How long do you think you can go without checking your phone?
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten?
- How would you restructure the economy?
- Have you ever considered creating an advice column? What is the first question you would like to address?
- Which would you prefer: a live-in massage therapist or a live-in chef?
- What is one thing I do that you wish I didn’t?
- Can you determine if someone is telling the truth or lying?
- Do you believe in the power of magic? When was the last time you felt it?
The bottom line
There are no right or wrong answers to these questions. It is important to keep in mind that the two of you may have different answers at times. Understanding what the other person suggests before pursuing a serious relationship is important because it helps determine if there are any potential issues that need to be addressed before continuing on with your relationship.
It is also important to know that these questions should not be asked randomly, nor should they all be asked at one time. You can use them as a way to start a conversation or you can use them as a way to learn more about the other person when you feel comfortable enough with each other. These questions are just an example of some things you might want to ask and provide an opportunity for deeper conversation if you feel like it is needed. (you can check my other blogs for more questions)
I hope this was helpful.