I’m sure you’ve heard of Tinder.
It’s the most popular dating app in the world and has a few features that will help you meet people online. It’s easy to use, there are thousands of people on it, and it’s free to use. These factors give the app an advantage over other dating websites, which have not been as successful at getting people together.
So if you’re looking for a great place to find love and friendship, then Tinder is a good place to start! But before that let’s see what is tinder?
What is Tinder?
Tinder is a location-based social search mobile app that allows users to like (swipe right) or dislike (swipe left) other users and allows users to chat if both parties like each other (a match). People in the age range of 18-35 who are looking for casual dating, hookups, and flings use Tinder. Among other dating apps, Tinder has the most users globally.
Tinder operates through your Facebook profile by accessing your information — such as your friends’ list or profile pictures. To create a Tinder profile from scratch means you have to upload a Facebook account photo at least once. After you do this once, you can start uploading new photos directly from your phone’s camera roll, so you don’t need to go through Facebook every time.
You’ll get a better understanding of tinder after reading the review.
Tinder dating app review
Let’s jump right in, shall we?
Tinder is a popular dating app that was launched in 2012. It has over 57 million active users across 190 countries—and these numbers are growing daily! The app is free to download and use, although you can pay for an upgraded subscription with more features.
Plus, according to statistics from Tinder itself, it gets more than 1 billion swipes per day and has made over 30 billion matches since its launch date. So it’s been around for a while now and has tons of users who have had success with it. This review will explain how the app works plus if there are any downsides to using Tinder instead of another app (or meeting someone the old-fashioned way).
Safety and security
Tinder is generally considered to be a safe dating app, but as you get into it, there are some important safety tips to keep in mind.
- Be careful with your personal information and always use a strong password. It’s also recommended that you don’t share any personal information until after meeting up with a match in person.
- Use a VPN while browsing on Tinder, especially if you’re using the mobile app. What is a VPN? A VPN is essentially an online service that hides your IP address from potential hackers and keeps your data encrypted when you’re browsing on the internet from your mobile device. This will make Tinder and other apps more secure for you to use, so it’s definitely worth it!
- Make sure that your payment method for Tinder is secure (i.e., don’t pay with cash). If possible, pay by credit card because it offers more protection if there are any problems later on down the line.
How much is Tinder?
Most of the time, Tinder’s free. But if you want some of those premium features, your wallet might start to feel a little lighter.
- Tinder Plus costs $9.99 per month for users under 30 and $19.99 per month for users over 30. This will give you unlimited swipes and 5 Super Likes a day, along with a monthly boost where your profile is shown first to other users in that area for half an hour. It also includes Passport (see below), Rewind (letting you go back on a profile swipe you may have made in error), and one free Boost each month!
- Tinder Gold costs $14.99 per month for users under 30, or $29.99 per month for users over 30, with most people agreeing that it’s definitely worth the extra cash—if they can afford it!
- Boosts cost between $6-$15 depending on how many you buy at once and the option to purchase them is only available if you belong to either Plus or Gold. Boosting your profile makes it 10x more likely to be seen by potential matches in that area during that specific period of time when the Boost is live— making it pretty worth the money! A less expensive way to increase profile views are with Super Likes which are now 1 for 99 cents or 5 for 4 dollars instead of being part of your daily allotment like they were before 2019 (and still are if you have Tinder Plus).
Free vs. paid Tinder
When it comes to free vs. paid Tinder, the question is: what are your priorities? Free users can message their mutual matches, as well as anyone else who has already messaged them first. The ability to “like” a profile and view its owner’s photos without having had to swipe right is also available. While this may seem like a lot of freedom, there are many restrictions on how often you’re allowed to “like” or message other profiles each day. Even if you manage to work around these obstacles, there’s no guarantee that your match will be able to respond; the same limitations apply for them! (Of course, this won’t be an issue if they have upgraded.)
Paid users do not have those limits and receive some additional perks such as the ability to see who has liked your profile before sending a message or liking it back–and don’t forget unlimited swiping! The cost will vary based on location but generally ranges from $9-$15 per month when paying annually instead of monthly (for one year).
Is it worth it to pay for Tinder in 2022?
Tinder Plus and Tinder Gold are the two paid features available on Tinder. The price of Tinder Plus varies depending on your age and location, but you’re looking at around $9.99 a month for users under 30 in most countries, with prices increasing from there. For example, people over 30 pay up to $19.99 a month for Tinder Plus in the U.S., while those over 28 pay around $14.99 a month in Australia and New Zealand. It’s free to use these features if you live in a country where subscriptions aren’t available yet (although you can still upgrade via Google Play or the App Store).
Is it worth upgrading? If you want more control over who shows up in your feed and enjoy using Super Likes, then paying for Tinder Plus is probably a good idea… especially if you do lots of traveling!
As far as Tinder Gold goes, it’s only worth shelling out for if you’re getting lots of matches already… or if you’re super-hot and are confident that people will be “liking” your profile all the time! Otherwise, save yourself some money and stick to a free account
features like Smart Photos and unlimited swipes if your goal is to increase your matches by improving your profile (which I’ll talk about next).
How to use Tinder without Facebook in 2022!
There are several ways you can use Tinder without giving up your Facebook information, many of which have already been discussed in this article:
- Use your phone number instead.
- Use a burner phone number, such as one from Google Voice or Textfree.
- Use a fake Facebook account that doesn’t show any personal information about you.
- Use a fake Facebook phone number and fake email address to sign up for the fake Facebook account.
- Use a VPN to help hide your browsing and downloading activities from the internet service provider (ISP) of your choice or even the local network administrator at work or school, depending on where you do most of your browsing.
CHEATSHEET for tinder
Tinder Cheat Sheet:
- Tinder Plus is worth it for all the features you get, but only if you’re between the ages of 30-80. If you’re under 30, it’s not necessary. If you’re over 80… maybe go outside instead?
- Go ahead and skip Tinder Gold—it doesn’t have many benefits and is only useful for certain people who are considering paying for all three levels of Tinder.
- Don’t pay extra for Tinder Passport or Super Likes; they’re nice to have but not necessary if you want to save money.
conclusion: Tinder review
Overall, Tinder is an app for casual relationships. If you’re looking for a serious relationship, you may want to consider using a different dating app. Apps like Bumble and OkCupid have better filters, allowing you to match with people who share your beliefs and values.
But if you’re looking for a quick fling or one-night-stands, then this is the place to be (if your profile doesn’t get deactivated that is).
And if you’re new to the world of online dating, this app is great for beginners because it’s easy to navigate. The interface makes it simple to understand how the app works and what matches are available around me at any given time!