Tantan is a Chinese-made dating app that’s become popular in the English-speaking world since its release. A second language may be required in order to use it, but it has both English and Chinese options.
Part of what makes the site so popular is that it has both an iOS and Android version (unlike Tinder). The iOS version has a 4/5 star rating, while the play store version has a 3.8/5 star rating.
Let us have a look at the review of Tanta and know whether or not Tanta is better than Tinder.
Is Tantan Better Than Tinder?
But before you go downloading the app and filling out a profile, there are a couple of things to keep in mind. First, Tantan is only available on iOS and Android. Second, it’s only available in China; it’s not available overseas at this time. You can download it using an Apple or Android device if you live outside of China but access to its features will be limited (you won’t be able to visit other users’ profiles or have your profile viewed by others).
Thirdly and finally, even though it was created by the same company that made Momo (another popular dating app), Tantan isn’t just another clone of Momo: it has some unique features that make it stand out from other apps like Tinder or Bumble (such as being able to see who liked your profile without having them press “like” first).
What is the App About?
So, you’re probably wondering what exactly is the Tantan app. If it’s so similar to Tinder, why even bother with the app?
Well, here’s the thing. Tantan is a Chinese dating platform and social media app like Tinder. So it’s very similar in that sense. But it still has some differences.
By using Tantan you can meet new people around you, share photos and moments with other users as well as make video calls to your matches and friends!
Pros & Cons of Tantan
- It’s easy to make a profile on Tantan and the signup process is quick.
- There are free messaging options for verified users. You can also send voice messages, which is great if you don’t like typing out long messages to someone.
- The matches I received seemed really high quality so far, and I’m excited to continue using this app!
- Overall the app is pretty good, but there are some bugs that need to be fixed, such as polls not loading correctly on matches sometimes.
- Some people have fake profiles (which seems fairly common in the online dating world) so it’s important to look out for that when you come across those profiles. That being said, I came across way fewer fake profiles than on Tinder.
- Some matches show up inactive or do not respond when messaged (possibly due to an inactive account), which can be disappointing for many users. This problem was also seen with Tinder as well though, so overall it seems very similar here in that regard.
Real-Life differences between the Apps: Tantan and Tinder
The app is similar in layout and design to Tinder, but there are some key differences between the two.
The first thing you should know about Tantan is that it doesn’t operate like Tinder, with location-based matching. You don’t have to be within 100 miles or 50 miles of someone to see their profile. It has a distance sliding bar, which you can use to set your preferred range for matches, but this doesn’t seem to affect what you see on the app in any way. Instead of matching people based on location,
Tantan matches people based on their interests—and that’s what makes it work better than Tinder. When you swipe right (like) or left (pass) a potential match, they won’t know unless you “super like” them (Tantan uses the same heart icon as Tinder).
On other dating apps, if someone swipes right but then doesn’t want to chat with you when they see your message pop up in their inbox—which can happen pretty often—then they need only click “delete conversation” and it will disappear from their inbox entirely! But with Tantan, the conversations between users are permanent until one of them decides not to reply anymore or deletes his/her account.
Features of Tantan
Tantan is a great app for dating, matching, and meeting new people around you. The main features are:
- Swipe left or right to like or dislike the other person.
- If both of you swipe right on each other, it’s a match! You can now chat with your match and make plans to meet up.
- If someone likes you back, it’s a match! But if you change your mind you can unmatch them at any time.
- Tantan has over 10 million users worldwide, and while many profiles seem to be fake (mostly female) there are still plenty of real people using the app.
Tantan is an excellent app that lets you meet new people around the world without having to pay a dime. It’s very popular in China but also available in English for everyone who wants to use it. The app has received good ratings from users on the Google Play Store as well as the Apple App Store which means that most people like this service, because they have real connections with other real humans instead of fake profiles like Tinder, which does not allow any free communication between users unless they’ve paid their membership fees before starting conversations with each other
Is Tantan Better Than Tinder?
Is Tantan better than Tinder? That depends on what you’re looking for. If you want more features, Tantan is your choice. If you prefer a modern design, then go with Tantan instead of Tinder.
If you live in a city in China, where Tantan is the most popular dating app, then sure! But if you don’t live in a Chinese city (and odds are you don’t), it’s probably not worth your time.
- Tantan is not an exact clone of Tinder. While it definitely has elements similar to Tinder, there are some important distinctions. It doesn’t have as many users as Tinder and doesn’t have as many features as Tinder. So if you’re used to swiping on Tinder, that same functionality might not be available on Tantan depending on what country you live in. For example, if someone hasn’t liked your profile yet but matches with yours based on proximity alone (e.g., within 100 kilometers) or even just because they found your photo attractive enough that they selected theirs from among the thousands of other profiles that were shown to them for consideration during their search process–then yes! You’ll be able to swipe left or right regardless of whether or not they’ve already swiped left/right first. (This feature isn’t available across all countries.)
- Also unlike its competitor app from the United States–Tinder doesn’t have a limit on how many likes someone can send per day while Tantan does.*Note: neither apps let people like each other unless both parties express interest simultaneously via mutual matching.}
The app is overall decent but does have some noticeable bugs.
Tantan has a lot of the same pros and cons as other popular dating apps like Tinder. While the app is much better designed than its counterpart, it does have some obvious bugs that need to be fixed in order for it to become a serious contender for other online dating apps in China.
We’d recommend Tantan if you’re looking for a matchmaking app that’s more geared towards connecting you with people around you instead of people across the country. Overall, we found Tantan to be decent but definitely not better than Tinder (which still has an English version).
We believe Tantan App is only good now if you are planning on visiting China or already living in China because most of its users are based there. However, when they do have an English version, it could make it easier for foreigners living in China to connect with locals on the app!