Answering OkCupid’s insightful and thought-provoking questions is a key element. While you won’t be judged and won’t flunk the quiz, the site will provide you with percentiles for a Match, Friend, and Enemy.
On OkCupid, you can state if you’re strictly monogamous, partly monogamous, or not monogamous at all. Alternatively, non-monogamy might be stringent or largely non-monogamous. In this guide, I will tell you all about it.
OkCupid Adds Relationship Type to Dating Profiles
Having a match that says you’re over 80% compatible is a green flag for a save drive, and it’s a great approach to contact someone you might have a crush on.
Your dating profiles on OkCupid has a category called “Relationship Type.” OkCupid users may now tell potential dates whether or not they want to be in a monogamous relationship.
Members have previously indicated whether they are single, dating, married, or in an open relationship. Members’ responses to the questions revealed whether they would sleep with somebody on dates 1-2, 3-5, 6 or more, or after the marriage.
The popular free edition of OkCupid’s dating service has a few drawbacks, one of which is that everyone can see when you check into the site. While potential soulmates won’t be able to see how long you’ve been online, they will be able to see when you last logged on. It can be extremely compulsive and harmful to your emotional well-being.
If you’re unfamiliar with the terms, here’s a rundown:
- Monogamous relationships are those in which two people are romantically and sexually exclusive of one another.
- Non-monogamy refers to partnerships in which persons are not exclusive with a single partner in some way(s); as an umbrella phrase, “non-monogamy” encompasses a wide range of non-exclusivity possibilities.
Non-Monogamy on OkCupid
They accept and support all forms of relationships, including non-monogamous ones, at OkCupid. If you’re in a non-monogamous relationship and wish to utilise OkCupid, keep the following guidelines in mind:
- They only allow one user per profile, and if these profiles are reported to us, they will be deleted (or may be banned). Having only one profile per person ensures that only those who truly want to see you. It’s a win-win situation for everyone. Other OkCupid users have defined their preferences in order to narrow down the types of persons they are interested in.
- Go to your profile and select the first “details” option in the upper right corner. You can then specify your relationship status and kind from there.
- You can link accounts with your partner on the “Details” settings page. This implies that whenever someone visits your profile, they’ll also see a link to your partner’s.
- If you set your account to non-monogamy, you’ll only see other people who are also non-monogamy or open to it.
- Each profile can only have one individual. We do not allow partners’ profiles, and if they are reported to us, we will delete (or perhaps ban) them. Having only one profile per person ensures that only those who truly want to see you.
How do I link many profiles to a single partner?
That would be fantastic! However, account linkage is currently limited to only one other account.
Why can’t I choose between “Monogamous” and “Open to either” as my relationship type?
If you’re married or in a relationship, you can only choose non-monogamous as your relationship type. If you want to make changes, you can change your relationship status to Single.
What is the identity tag of OkCupid?
OkCupid has built a special zone where LGBTQ+ members can choose from over 60 different identities to show who they really are to other users.
These new identification markers are now available on all platforms, and all OkCupid users who identify as LGBTQ+ will soon be able to use them.
The Human Rights Campaign, the nation’s biggest LGBTQ rights organisation, helped develop the plan in conjunction with employees and community experts.
The bottom line
In your conversations with other OkCupid users, be honest and respectful. Be open and honest about who you are and what you want. Make it clear that you are in a relationship. Tell them who your partner is and whether you’re dating them or not.
If you’re dating outside of your relationship without your partner’s permission, it’s a violation of our community guidelines, and your account will be suspended.
Please keep in mind that you can only link one profile at a time. If you have more than one spouse, feel free to mention them in your Profile bio or link to their pages. I hope you find this helpful.