In the wake of a massive data breach at Match.com (which exposed millions of people’s email addresses and passwords), Now they changed its match.com password requirements. Users will now need to use a minimum of 10 characters, including a number and a special character. The site also recommends users choose a different password for each account and change it every six months.
- What is Match.com ?
- What Are The Match.com Password Requirements
- How to Create a Strong Password That Works with Match
- what is a match verification code?
- Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Match.com ?
Match.com is the world’s largest dating site, with over 20 million members worldwide and over 3 million paying subscribers in the US alone. It’s a place for singles to find love, relationships, friendships, and more. On Match, you can search for a date, meet new people, chat, email, share photos, watch videos, and even participate in live events.
What Are The Match.com Password Requirements
- The following are password requirements for Match.com accounts:
- Your password cannot be changed.
- The password must be between 6 and 30 characters in length.
- Your password cannot contain a number in any of the following places: A. The first letter of your username. B. The middle part of your username. C. The last part of your username.
- Your password cannot start with a number.
- Your password cannot have more than 3 of any one specific type of character, including: A. A capital letter. B. A lowercase letter. C. A symbol.
- Your password cannot contain more than 2 consecutive periods.
- Your password cannot be a word.
- Your password cannot be a combination of two words.
- Your password cannot contain your name, your mother’s name or your email address.
- Your password cannot contain “password”.
- Your password cannot contain the characters / # @$*&^.
- Your password cannot start with “123456”.
- Your password cannot be “password”.
- Your password cannot be a combination of 3 or 4 numbers.
- Your password cannot have any special characters.
- Your password cannot contain a word that is also part of another word.
- Your password cannot have more than 1 uppercase letter.
- Your password cannot have more than 2 lowercase letters.
- Your password cannot have more than 3 symbols.
- Your password cannot have more than 1 number in the same position as an upper case letter, lower case letter or symbol.
- Your password cannot have more than 2 consecutive numbers.
- Your password cannot have any punctuation marks.
- Your password cannot be a combination of 4 or more letters, numbers or symbols.
- Your password cannot be a word from a dictionary.
- Your password cannot be a word from a sports team or movie.
- Your password cannot be a name from your family, friends or coworkers.
- Your password cannot be a famous quote.
- Your password cannot be a song lyric or Bible verse.
- Your password cannot be the name of a state, province, country or planet.
- Your password cannot be the name of a TV show or a company.
- Your password cannot contain any words that are also part of another word.
- Your password cannot contain any words from a dictionary.
How to Create a Strong Password That Works with Match
1. Make sure you choose a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols that is easy to remember. (You can also use words that describe your birthdate, etc.)
2. Make your password at least eight characters long (not including spaces). Eight characters are considered strong since a hacker has to type in many different passwords to break into your account.
3. Choose something very hard to guess, like a word in a dictionary, or a song that is playing on the radio, or even a secret code you’ve invented.
4. Now, create a second password by adding random numbers and/or symbols to the end of the first password. This will make it harder for someone to crack the password. You’ll need to add two numbers and two symbols to your first password to get a second strong password.
5. Make sure your passwords are different so that even if one password gets hacked, your other one is still safe.
6. When you have created your two passwords, use them together as your Match account password.
what is a match verification code?
- When you register for an online membership, you’ll receive a match verification code. It’s usually sent to you in an email message from the organization that is sponsoring the event you’re registering for.
- Write down this code on a piece of paper so you can easily find it later if you need to.
- When you get to the screen where you can choose your time zone, remember to always use Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), or else you’ll end up with an incorrect date and time on your computer.
- After you’ve made your choices, you’ll be prompted to provide your match verification code.
- Now you will enter your name and email address. The email address you provided is your registration verification email address.
- You can now proceed to complete your registration.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I find my match password?
- Visit Match.com in your web browser and click Member Sign In.
- On the next screen, click Forgot Your Password?
- Click in the box labelled “Match Account Email” and type in the email address that you used to sign up for Match.
- Then click Send Email.
What’s my password for my email?
- Click the Start button and open your email program.
- In the email program, click on the box next to your email address. A drop-down menu will appear. Select “Password” and type in your password.
- You should now be in the main area of your email program.
How do I reset my Match account?
- If you haven’t logged into your Match account for at least 7 days, you can’t do anything on your account until after that time period has passed.
- Go to the homepage for Match.com and click on the icon to the right of “Your Match” in the top left corner.
- Select “Reset Your Password.” You’ll then be presented with a screen that looks like this:
- Type in your email address that you used when signing up for Match.com (the one you used when you created your profile) and then click “Reset Password.”
- After you’ve successfully changed your password, you should receive an email notifying you that your password has been reset.
How do I change my login password?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Settings app.
- Tap Google. Click Manage your Google account.
- Select Security, then Signing in to Google.
- Enter your current password, then tap Change Password. You might need to sign in.
In Conclusion: match com password requirements
your online dating profile should be short, sweet, and to the point. If you can’t boil it down to just a few sentences, you’re going to have a tough time getting attention. Think about your profile like an elevator pitch. It should tell the story of who you are and what you’re all about.
If your elevator pitch is a little too long or too wordy, people will get bored. You don’t need to write like Hemingway or use a fancy vocabulary. The key is to keep your audience engaged by telling them a little bit about yourself and being honest about what you’re looking for.