If you’re looking for the right dating app that works for you, it can be hard to sort through all of the options. With so many apps available, it helps to know what sets each one apart and who they’re best designed for.
If you’ve heard of Jaumo or are interested in trying it, read on.
I will fill you in on everything from how it works to who uses this app and how successful people have been with Jaumo in our Jaumo dating app review, including an overview of the cost associated with being a premium member if you want access to additional features.
Jaumo Dating App Review | Is Jaumo a good app for dating?
- What is Jaumo?
- How does the Jaumo app work?
- Is Jaumo free to use?
- Pros and cons of Jaumo dating app
- How do I sign up for Jaumo?
- Verifying your account on Jaumo dating app
- Create a profile on Jaumo dating app
- Searching on Jaumo dating app
- Messaging on Jaumo dating app
- How do I add somebody as a favorite on Jaumo?
- Other features on Jaumo dating app
- Conclusion: The only way to find out if you can find your match on the app is to try it yourself.
What is Jaumo?
Jaumo is a free mobile dating app that almost certainly does not have your area code in its name. The app can be downloaded from Google Play or the App Store, and there is also a premium version available for you to use if you want to make your online dating experience that much better.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, you’re going to be ready to date within seconds. You can choose whether or not you want Jaumo to send notifications straight to your phone, but it’s definitely recommended because even someone as busy as yourself probably doesn’t want to miss out on finding their perfect match (or at least an adequate match).
The best way to introduce yourself via Jaumo is by creating a dating profile just like you would on other apps or sites. You can choose what information goes onto your profile and what stays off of it so that everyone who comes in contact with your profile will get the right idea about who you are, what you believe in, and what kind of relationship(s) (whether platonic or romantic in nature) they’d like to pursue with you. Remember: while honesty is always appreciated, there’s no need for full disclosure; leave something up for mystery if possible!
How does the Jaumo app work?
The Jaumo dating app is absolutely free to download and use. Additionally, the app boasts a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for people of all ages and even those who are technologically challenged to use. It takes only seconds to sign up, fill in your profile information, upload photos, and start dating! The Jaumo app is available for Android users on Google Play and also for iOS owners on the iPhone App Store.
Is Jaumo free to use?
Jaumo is a free-to-use app. You don’t have to pay for anything in order to download the app, install it on your phone, create an account, or message other users. There is a premium upgrade available called Jaumo Premium. The upgrade enables you to unlock extra features and functionality within the dating app interface. These include added security options like photo verification, more advanced search options (you can filter by height, age, and body type), and you can send more than one message per day. The paid option also shows you who has viewed your profile and which people have ‘liked’ your profile picture.
As you can see there are some benefits to upgrading, but there are also some disadvantages too:
- You need to be vigilant about canceling the subscription if you don’t want it anymore;
- The subscription auto-renews so if you forget to cancel your membership then you will be charged again;
- People might see that you’re planning on having a committed relationship because they know that ‘Premium’ members only pay for these types of dating apps if they plan on staying with them long term;
Pros and cons of Jaumo dating app
As with most things in life, there are pros and cons associated with Jaumo.
The positives of this app are:
- It’s free to use.
- The app has lots of users and is active in many countries.
- You can flirt with people around you or even all over the world if you wish.
- You get unlimited likes and five Superlikes every day which is plenty for most people.
- The profiles have enough information about the user that it will help you decide whether or not to contact them on Jaumo (or even meet them in person).
Now for a few cons:
- While there are a lot of users on the site, fewer people than usual will be looking for people from other countries as opposed to sites like Badoo or Tinder. That’s not necessarily a bad thing though; if you’re looking for someone local, then this could be a benefit as opposed to a negative! Just note that it’s something to consider before signing up.
- This site caters more to casual dating and hookups than serious relationships which may be an issue if that’s what you’re after on here. If so, check out our top picks here and see how they compare!
How do I sign up for Jaumo?
Now that you’ve decided to sign up for Jaumo, the next step is actually getting in! Thankfully, this is a breeze.
- You can create an account within seconds with your Facebook login. Once you’ve allowed Jaumo access to your Facebook profile, it pulls your name and age from there and matches them with your location information (which you can adjust). From there, you simply choose a username and password.
- You can also register with just an email address or phone number. Simply enter your basic details as above—full name, age, gender, location—set a username and password, and click “create account”!
Verifying your account on Jaumo dating app
You can verify your account by using the Facebook, phone number, or email option. You can only verify one account at a time and you must be logged into the profile you wish to verify. Verifying your account is entirely voluntary and does not show your real name. Messages from verified users will not appear in your inbox until you have verified too.
To verify with Facebook:
Click on the “More” tab, then go to “Settings,” followed by “Profile Settings.” Under Profile Settings, click on “Verify with Facebook.” If you are already logged into Facebook, your profile should automatically connect, but if not then a pop-up will appear asking for permission to access your profile data. Once connected, Jaumo will import relevant information from Facebook such as Likes and Friends so that it may suggest matches for you accordingly.
To Verify with Phone Number:
Click on the “More” tab, then go to “Settings,” followed by “Profile Settings.” Under Profile Settings, click on “Verify with Phone Number” and enter your phone number when prompted along with the country code (the default country code is set to the United States). After entering this information correctly you will receive a text message with a 6-digit code which must be entered in order complete the verification of your mobile number. After this has been done successfully Jaumo will send any messages received from other verified members directly into your inbox rather than filtering them into unverified mail.
Create a profile on Jaumo dating app
You have to keep it casual with your profile. There’s no need for you to add your name, age, or location. The profile should be short and sweet. Basically give a hint of your personality and hobbies by writing one full sentence about each one. Don’t forget to add a photo of yourself that shows off your best features so people can get an idea of what you look like before they decide to connect with you.
The entire point of this app is for people to hook up, so at least make sure that the person knows what you are looking for right away before they take the time out of their day trying to get to know you. It will save both parties some time if they aren’t a match in the first place.
Searching on Jaumo dating app
Jaumo dating app is a great place to look for singles near you. The search feature is located at the top of the home screen, so it`s very easy to find and use.
You can search for singles by their name, age, gender, and location. However, if you have something more specific in mind you can filter your search by age range, distance from your location, and gender.
Profiles of people who match your criteria are presented in the form of cards. If you like someone’s card, tap on their photo or just swipe right to show that you’re interested. To move on to the next profile (or card), simply swipe left!
Messaging on Jaumo dating app
Once you’ve matched with another user, you can send and receive messages via the Jaumo dating app. The messaging functionalities are similar to other dating apps such as Bumble, Tinder and Her (dating app). They are easy to use and allow you to send messages for free.
A stand out feature is that Jaumo lets you see read receipts, as well as:
- Who viewed your profile
- Who is online
- Who has added you as a favorite
- Mutual friends – this assumes that they have linked their Facebook account to the app. However, not everyone links their Facebook accounts so you won’t be able to see this on all profiles.
- When a match was last online
How do I add somebody as a favorite on Jaumo?
It’s easy to add someone as a favorite on the Jaumo dating app.
First, tap on the star icon in the top right corner of their profile. This will send them a virtual gift and automatically add them to your favorites list.
You can also click on their name in your matches feed, their picture anywhere you see it, or make use of Jaumo’s helpful search function.
Once you’ve found their profile, tap the star icon in the top right corner to send them a virtual gift and automatically save them as one of your favorites.
To see all of your favorites at once, click on “Favorites” in the menu bar running across the bottom of your screen.
In this way, Jaumo makes it easy for you to create lists of users that interest you! After adding someone as a favorite once, seeing them again will be as simple as opening up that section from the menu bar whenever you’re ready for more matches.
Other features on Jaumo dating app
Here are some of the other features that you can enjoy on the Jaumo dating app.
- Add as a favorite: You’ll be able to add people that you like to your favorites. The neat thing is, they won’t know if you add them to this list. If they do end up liking you too, though, it shows up in your “Matches” section of the app.
- Meet me: This is a fun feature where you can mark the photos and profiles that catch your eye with a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ and see if others feel the same way about yours. They will only show up here if you have both marked each other with either a ‘yes’ or ‘no.’
- Visitors: This lets you see who has checked out your profile so that you can connect with them if there is any mutual interest.
Conclusion: The only way to find out if you can find your match on the app is to try it yourself.
Jaumo is a dating app that is extremely popular in Germany. It’s one of the largest dating apps there, with over 50 million members worldwide and around 20 million users who are active monthly. Jaumo currently has nine different languages available (including French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, and more), so it’s easy for people from different countries to use the site.
When you first open up Jaumo and create your own profile, you can decide whether you’re looking for men or women to date. If you pick the opposite gender of your own sex when signing up, then you will be getting same-sex matches on Jaumo.
You can also choose whether or not they want to see profiles from only people who are within their preferred age range (which can be set as young as 18 years old). Jaumo currently has nine different languages available (including French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, and more), so it’s easy for people from different countries to use the site.
The great thing about this online service is how intuitively it works: all new members get their own personal assistant that helps them find matches based on what they are looking for in a partner — which could mean anything from casual fun dates to long-term relationships!