OkCupid is a well-known online dating service. It was one of the first dating platforms to appear on the internet in 2004, among other online dating behemoths like Match, eHarmony, and Ashley Madison. The Match Group, the same parent company that owns Tinder, Hinge, and Plenty of Fish, now owns it.
You can use OkCupid for free to look through your matches and send messages to them. Popular and New People are two pay-per-use match feed on the dating platform. Upgrading benefits help you narrow down your match pool much faster. Like most dating applications, OkCupid uses a double opt-in system.
In this article, I will tell you whether or not the okcupid premium is worth it.
- What is okcupid premium?
- OkCupid Basic or OkCupid Premium (previously called Premium A-List).
- Is OkCupid premium worth it [ Is Upgrading Worth It ]
- You should not upgrade if this is the thing:
- Comparing OkCupid with other dating apps/ sites
- Here are five pointers to help you get the most out of your profile boost:
- The bottom line
What is okcupid premium?
OkCupid Premium is the most expensive premium membership option, giving you access to all of OkCupid’s Basic Membership benefits. The old Premium version was known as “A-list,” It came with automatic daily Boosts that propelled you to the front of the match line daily.
Unless you have a membership, in which you will still receive automatic Boosts, this service is no longer available with Premium.
Premium features of OkCupid include:
- There are no limits to how many people like you.
- Set hard filters or “deal breakers” for categories that should be filtered out.
- There are no advertisements.
- Before you match, look at everyone who liked you.
- Even if you haven’t answered those questions yet, see how your matches have responded to their public questions.
OkCupid wants you to have fun with the app, so there are plenty of options for you to click and buy. The software constantly reminds you how many people have liked your profile and makes clicking on that page more appealing.
You can buy tokens to help you climb the ranks or pay a one-time charge to unlock a profile for seven days.
OkCupid Basic or OkCupid Premium (previously called Premium A-List).
Each profile has its own set of benefits. Let’s give a brief overview before we get into everything Premium has to offer:
You can do the following with the free profile:
- Explore a limited number of profiles every day for matches
- Message the people you matched with, receive messages from other people who want to send you an introduction
The following are the benefits of the Basic membership:
- You can “hard-pass” any criteria you don’t want to compromise on, saving you a lot of time while screening for matches.
- At a glance, see all of the Intros you’ve gotten.
- You can like as many profiles as you like and react to as many Intros as you’d like.
- There are no advertisements on the outside: This means the page will load faster and there will be fewer distractions.
Is OkCupid premium worth it [ Is Upgrading Worth It ]
OkCupid allows members to message each other even when using the free service. You won’t be able to do this on other matchmaking sites like eHarmony or Match, which are both paid services. OkCupid competes by appealing to older clientele and offering them the option of using the app for free while subscribing for additional services.
The “Dealbreaker” function on OkCupid allows you to filter out any search criterion you are unwilling to compromise. Because the most popular OkCupid users are inundated with intros, having one that sticks out will offer you an advantage.
Rather than browsing through the Stack feeds, you want to match with people who interest you right away. Observing how a certain match responded to several inquiries can also provide useful inspiration when drafting your intro. Because the most popular OkCupid users are inundated with intros, having one that sticks out will offer you an advantage.
OkCupid has already made the Basic OkCupid profile a highly appealing alternative. You can like an endless number of individuals with a simple profile. The benefits of upgrading to Premium are the same as those of Basic, with the added benefit of more information and less work.
Your likes will drop dramatically if you upgrade to premium. Prices have risen dramatically over time.
You should not upgrade if this is the thing:
OkCupid’s location-based features may not be worth paying for if you don’t have a lot of users in your area. If you’re looking for someone interesting but not in your local area, try a different app like Tinder or Bumble. You’ll go on dates with interesting, attractive people without having to find them yourself.
Comparing OkCupid with other dating apps/ sites
You’ll be astonished to hear that OkCupid isn’t the only app that rewards you for paying for a subscription. One might be curious how their premium service stacks up against other popular dating services. We chose two popular but very different dating sites to help you get the lay of the land (pun intended) and make an informed decision: eHarmony and AdultFriendFinder (AFF). Although they both promise to provide a premium service, their claims differ.
Here are five pointers to help you get the most out of your profile boost:
- Choose an outdoor location. You’ll get more messages, according to statistics analyzed by the photography website Snappr.
- Make sure the photo wasn’t taken with a flash; harsh lighting adds seven years to your appearance.
- Vertical views on the left side of your face were perfect in the same study.
- Select a primary profile photo taken with a good camera. The better the camera, the more appealing you will be to her.
- Don’t hide behind your sunglasses! Eye contact is especially critical in dating images, according to multiple studies.
The bottom line
When you upgrade to OkCupid Basic or Premium, you have access to a slew of new features that will help you meet the top singles in your region. Naturally, you’ll want to ensure your profile, photographs, and messages are up to the mark.