Your dating profile plays an important part in the dating pool. If it is not appealing enough, you will not come across the people you are seeking. Take your time when creating your online dating profile. It should explain who you are, what matters in your life (in detail), and why.
There isn’t such a thing as a flawless online dating profile. However, there is the ideal dating profile FOR YOU. You shouldn’t strive to outdo other daters or pretend to be someone you’re not. The entire idea is to locate the perfect match for you.
Many matches have been lost as a result of incomplete or empty profiles, so try to fill in as much information as possible. At least one photo should be posted and authorised for all eHarmony users so that their matches can see it.
Your photos tell a visual tale about yourself that you share with your matches. Because users with more images have more communication, we encourage taking advantage of the opportunity to present yourself in the best light possible if you want to start a conversation.
In this article, you will find a few pointers to get you started on creating a fantastic eHarmony profile for your potential matches to see. Consider what type of profile might pique your interest, and then get to work. Your matches will notice and want to start conversing with you if you post some fantastic photographs and put some time and work into your profile.
How to write eHarmony dating profile?
There’s no obligation that you use different information on various dating apps. After all, you’re the same person on every website! You’ll have a higher chance of finding what you’re looking for if you can get multiple lines in the water.
You are not required to provide every detail of your life or a comprehensive description of what you require. The goal is to pique someone’s interest enough for them to send you a message or flirt with you. These dating profile about me examples are basic, short, sweet, and to the point, as you can see.
A great online dating profile highlights you and what makes you, well, you. You can surely duplicate these and make some changes to make it your own. Although not everyone is a writer, this should not prevent you from finding love.
Tips for creating a great eHarmony profile
- Make your main photo a close-up portrait of yourself (no hats or sunglasses).
- If you find it difficult to smile in photos, think of something which makes you smile while you’re getting your photo taken.
- Include captions with dates and locations.
- At least one full-body shot should be included. People want to see each and every one of you.
- There should be no old images — matches should be able to see how you currently look like.
- Keep your face visible. The company will reject your photo if they can’t clearly see your face, in addition to your matches needing to be able to see you.
- There will be no group shots. Despite the fact that many of us include photos of ourselves with our friends or families, your eHarmony page is about YOU. Allow matches to focus on getting to know you.
- Post different types of photos to show the different aspects of your personality. There are 12 photo slots available.
- Demonstrate yourself doing something you enjoy (travelling, going to the beach, playing a sport, pursuing a hobby etc.
- Don’t take so many selfies. Don’t post selfies taken in the mirror, the restroom, or the gym. Use your camera’s timer and set it down if you’re using a smartphone, just like we do when making reels.
- Talk about the photos with your match. Easy discussion starters for matches can be found in these types of photographs.
- Each question or prompt should be answered completely with at least 2-3 sentences.
- If you don’t think you have a decent answer to a question or prompt, don’t ask it. Fill it out nonetheless, acknowledging the question or stating what your ideal response would be if you could directly answer the question.
- Describe how you became involved in your favourite hobby or activity, or what you’re enthusiastic about, using SPECIFICS.
- Use a lot of snark and hostility. People will be drawn to the positive aspects of what you have to say.
- Include a sense of adventure and spontaneity. Mention any items on your bucket list or vacation objectives. Topics of this nature encourage more communication.
- Make sure there are no spelling or grammar mistakes.
- Maintain a positive attitude and have fun!
- If you feel compelled to bring up a previous relationship, discuss what you learnt from it or how it helped you grow.
eHarmony profile examples
In your online dating profile, there are a few things you should never include. Some of these things are done for safety reasons, some are done because they are ineffective, and others are done just because they are overdone.
In your profile, don’t mention your ex-boyfriends or how much you despise talking about yourself. This sends the message to potential suitors that you haven’t worked through any previous relationship troubles.
Consider the following examples:
Hi! My name is John, and I’m a newbie when it comes to online dating. While I’m still figuring it all out, one thing is certain: I’m delighted to be doing it! It’s quite cool to have the opportunity to meet different, distinctive women. Send me a mail if you believe you would fit the bill.
I’m employed in the private sector. And, while I appreciate working hard, I also make time to relax and enjoy life. Coffee, movies, trekking, and travelling out of town for the weekend are all things I enjoy. Let’s talk and see if we’re a good match!
My name is Elizabeth, and if I were to describe myself in three words, they would be cheerful, a little modest, and someone who enjoys crying with laughter. Okay, there were a few more than three words there, but isn’t it fun to break the rules now and then?
I’m new to online dating, but I have a clear idea of what I want in a partner. My Religion is very important to me, and I’d like to find a partner who shares my beliefs. Furthermore, I love to watch NetFlix, so a guy who prefers to cuddle up on the sofa instead of going out on a Sat night is a good fit for me.
The bottom line
Your online dating profile will determine whether or not you are successful in finding what you’re looking for. The purpose of a dating profile headline is to entice someone to read your About Me section by clicking on your profile. From there, it’s only a matter of starting a discussion to determine whether they’re someone you’d like to learn more about.
I hope this was helpful.