It’s critical to have a solid conversation starter if you want to increase your chances of receiving a response. Texting interactions are convenient since there is no awkward silence or awkward pause in the chat. It’s also a wonderful method to hone your social skills and locate someone with whom you have the same interest.
Let’s face it: texting is ingrained in our culture. That isn’t to say that the push to text someone fresh isn’t there. Using an excellent texting starter will almost always result in a text back, whether you’re trying to send a flirty text, a text message after meeting someone at a networking event, or simply texting a new person.
In this article, you will get to know how you can introduce yourself on eHarmony. You will also find some examples.
How to introduce yourself on eHarmony?
How many times have you felt nervous while introducing yourself? Or talking to someone online? If you ask me, I have been nervous more than 100 times in my life because it just happens to me. So, I sat and did some research which gave me the following points and made me a better converser especially on online dating platforms like eHarmony:
- Similarity-focused messages
Your similarities are the elements that can bring you together from the beginning of any relationship. To show you’ve paid attention to who they are, find a creative method to include something you both enjoy in your first message.
- Introduce yourself briefly.
“Hi, my name is Ricky,” you may always say with a smile. “How do I address you?” This can be done with or without a handshake. With this tried-and-true introduction, you can’t go wrong. However, you may find yourself staring at one other in awkward silence, unsure of what to say next. To get the conversation started and create new acquaintances, try any of the other four options below.
- Do not brag about yourself
In an online dating message, don’t brag too much about yourself. Because every woman is unique, there is no standard template for messages that can be copied and pasted.
- Have an appealing pitch
The depths of your experience, what you’re searching for, and how someone can help should all be conveyed in an elevator pitch or introduction of yourself. It will be considerably more persuasive if it is tailored to the audience. Make sure you practise your pitch! Practice with your siblings, friends, parents, and everyone else who will listen.
- Be genuine
When you sense someone is really interested in talking to you, it feels good. It is the same with the other person. Genuine enthusiasm and passion are more likely to result in a long-term working connection. To generate reactions, purposefully produce pleasant emotional energy and ask inquiries. The majority of people’s favourite topics are themselves, and self-disclosure makes people happier, so encourage them to speak up more.
Examples of eHarmony First Messages
- Hello there, stranger, would you like to become acquainted?
- Hello, I see you’re free to travel the world but are you also available to chat?
- Hello, it’s great to meet you virtually! (Insert emoji of a handshake or a high five.)
- Hello, are you up for the task of speaking via text in an inappropriate manner?
- Hi, how’s life? If you’d like to communicate, please respond with the answer to this question.
- What are your plans for the weekend?
- Is it possible for me to be a part of your plans?
- What are your plans for the day?
- What is the meal that you crave the most?
- What is your favourite ice cream flavour? My treat is an ice cream date!
- Where would you like to take us on our first date?
- How is your day going, and what can I do to improve it?
- I’d like to hang out with you because you’re cute and fun to be around.
- Which planet should humanity colonise?
- Which animal would you choose if you could be any animal?
- What mythical creature would you like to see come to life?
- What is the English language’s funniest word?
- What celebrity would you want to play you in a biopic?
- What is the most amusing image you have on your phone?
- What unusual skills do you possess?
The bottom line
The second stage is to keep the discussion continuing once you’ve sent your first online dating message. Switch to audio or video – a phone or Video call not only allows you to communicate in real-time, but it’s also a terrific approach to advance your relationship. People enjoy being polled on their thoughts, so take advantage of that.
Remember to not go overboard and keep things light for both you and your eHarmony match. You are looking for a date who might be your soulmate so keep your conversation like that.
To get more conversation starters, check out my other blogs.
All the best!