In today’s world, there is no assurance that the person who felt sweet as honey isn’t fatal as botox! We encounter in our daily lives different types of people especially on dating platforms like let’s say on eHarmony because you are currently using it that’s why you are here.
Certain times we just don’t want to talk to that person anymore or you just accidentally ended up as a match and now you want to undo it, which is possible on eHarmony. If you don’t like one of your matches, you can delete their profile before or after the conversation begins, whenever you feel the need.
In this article, you will find the steps to delete a match on eHarmony dating app and site. You might want to change your match preferences, so you’ll find the steps for it too.
Can you delete a match on eHarmony?
Yes. You can delete a match by heading to their profile and clicking on the menu (the three dots) in the top-right corner:
- You’ll see the option to “Delete Match” for matches with whom you haven’t yet communicated.
- You’ll have the option to “Remove Contact” for matches with whom you’ve already communicated. You may also click “Remove Contact” from the menu in the upper right corner of your inbox when you’re in the Messages area. You’ll be prompted to choose a reason for the contact’s removal.
- If you remove or delete a Match, it will be permanently removed from your account, so make sure you are really wanting to bid farewell and never crossways again.
Note: eHarmony won’t be able to restore their profile if you remove/delete them.
How to delete a match on eHarmony?
- To begin, go to the “Matches” section.
- Then, on the profile of the person you wish to delete from your list, click the Remove button.
- In the upper-right corner, you should now notice a menu that you can open with a single click.
- There is an option to “Remove partner” there.
- To confirm your selection and remove the match from your Matches list, click on it.
What to do if you want to recover a match on eHarmony?
You can reach out to eHarmony customer service by sending an email to [email protected]. There is another option for emailing: if you have a problem with one of your matches who is acting or talking suspiciously, you can write them at [email protected].
Can you hide your eHarmony profile?
Yes, you can. If you don’t want to delete your profile or your matches, you can hide it to take a break from it.
- Log in to your eHarmony account at eharmony.com.
- In the upper right corner, click on your profile.
- From the dropdown menu, choose Data & Settings.
- Turn off the toggle in the PROFILE VISIBILITY section.
- Your profile is now hidden. Users who are in contact with you or who have added you to their favourites, on the other hand, can still see your profile.
How to change Match Preferences on eHarmony?
- First, sign in to your account.
- At the top of the page, select the Matches tab.
- To review your Match Preferences, scroll to the bottom of the list.
- Select “Change Match Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- Consider increasing any settings where you are comfortable, such as age, location, and height, to increase your chances of finding a wider range of matches.
- Click “Find Matches” after you’ve made your modifications.
The bottom line
When you remove or delete a Match or a profile, their profile is permanently removed from your account, so make sure you’re ready to say goodbye. You will not be able to retrieve or get them back into your account once you delete them permanently from your profile, so make sure you are certain about removing any match.
You can also contact eHarmony customer care for further information or to ask any queries you may have. To know the different ways to contact them, check out my other blog.