When users cancel their subscriptions, dating sites don’t like it, and they don’t like it, even more, when they delete their profiles. That’s why they make doing either as tough as possible.
You may be ready to cancel your Match.com account if you’ve met your match, switched to a different platform, or simply want to move on from online dating. There are a few simple measures you may take to avoid getting charged and go off the site entirely. You must cancel your subscription manually 48 hours prior to the next billing date.
In this blog, you will get to know how to Cancel Your Match.com Subscription (Membership) on different devices and stop the auto-renewal.
How to Cancel Your Match.com Subscription (Membership)?
To cancel your match.com subscription with different devices, you need to follow these steps:
On the desktop version of the site:
- Go to Match.com and sign up.
- Select your account and then the Settings gear icon.
- Select Manage/Cancel Membership from the drop-down menu.
- To cancel your subscription, follow the instructions below.
On an Apple device, do the following:
- On your device, go to Settings and select iTunes & App Store.
- Enter your Apple ID and password, or use Touch ID if you have one.
- Choose Manage from the Subscriptions menu.
- Choose Match.com as your subscription option.
- At the bottom of the screen, select Cancel Subscription and confirm.
On an Android device, do the following:
- On your device, go to the Google Play Store.
- From the menu, choose Account, then Subscriptions.
- Choose Match.com from the drop-down menu.
- Select Cancel and confirm your decision.
How to cancel auto-renewal on match.com?
“The automatic renewal of your subscription has now been cancelled,” a notification should appear. A confirmation email will also be sent to you. You will have access to the site until the end of your membership period. If you want to recover access, you’ll have to subscribe again.
How can I delete my match.com profile?
Access ‘My account settings’ by clicking on your profile photo in the top-right corner of the page. Scroll down and, on the left, hit the ‘Suspend my account’ tab. A new page titled ‘You’re going to suspend your profile’ will display.
To delete your profile, go to the ‘To deactivate your account, click here’ page and follow the steps (it’s under the pink’ suspend my account’ button).
You can revive your account by ‘suspending’ it in the future; if you want it gone forever, choose ‘Delete’ instead. If you bought your membership through iTunes, you can cancel it by going to the “My subscriptions” tab in iTunes or the App Store.
The bottom line
Match.com have taken away the option of permanently deleting your account from the website. You must call 800-326-5161 and request a complete deletion to permanently delete your account.
Once you’ve informed Match.com that you’re very certain you want to delete your account, the process is quite simple.
I hope you find this helpful and have got the answer to your question- How to Cancel Your Match.com Subscription (Membership).