Founded in 2002, eHarmony is a prominent online dating service. It matches people for a long-term relationship based on compatibility. People of all nationalities, ages, religious origins, and political beliefs are among eHarmony’s consumers.
The website is available in a variety of countries, including the United States, Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom. To use eHarmony, you must first establish a profile, which includes completing a Relationship Questionnaire.
Your matches are generated by eHarmony’s algorithms based on 29 dimensions of compatibility. You can modify your location on the site to lower your chances of meeting someone from another area. Successful relationships are built on love, but also require other important characteristics such as social compatibility and emotional balance.
As humans we keep changing- our preferences, hobbies, likes and dislikes- making us all brand new humans every year or decade, this is why you need to change your eHarmony profile and retake the compatibility quiz. You are eligible to retake the survey if it has been at least six months since you last completed it.
eHarmony lets you retake your questionnaire from time to time, especially if your personality traits or life circumstances have changed. You can also change the display name, location etc. In this article, I will tell you the steps to edit your eHarmony profile and everything else you need to know about.
How do I edit my eHarmony profile?
Follow the steps below to make changes to your eHarmony profile:
- Login to your eHarmony account
- Click the dropdown arrow where your photo is at the top of the screen in the Home Page.
- Select “Edit Profile” from the drop-down menu.
- You can then click the edit button in any section to open a window where you can update it.
- Don’t forget to press the “SAVE” button once you’ve finished making changes to keep your modifications.
Steps to change profile name on eHarmony:
- Open your browser and type “eHarmony — Email Us” into the address bar.
- Under the headline “Please Sign in to help us better assist you,” enter your e-mail address and eHarmony password in the “E-mail Address” and “Password” fields.
- “Login” should be selected. The website “Ask a Question” will open.
- In the “Subject” box, type “I wish to change my display/profile name.”
- In the “Your Question” box, type your first name or a name you’d like to appear on your profile.
- Choose whether you want the new display/profile name to appear on all of your matches, including those you’ve already played, or only on future/new matches.
- To send your e-mail, click “Finish Submitting Question.”
Note: Within 24 hours, the site will respond.
Can you retake the compatibility quiz on eHarmony?
Yes, eHarmony offers you the chance to retake the compatibility quiz as part of your Premium Membership membership renewal.
Though their site says that they do not recommend you to retake the test. Because it’s vital to respond to the questions in a natural way, knowing the answers ahead of time could skew your findings. This could result in a personality profile that does not accurately reflect you, jeopardising aka affecting your compatibility.
How to retake a compatibility quiz on eHarmony?
Follow these steps:
- If you are eligible for a retake of the Relationship Questionnaire, contact the Customer Care team via the Help link mentioned in the References Section.
- Retake the Relationship Questionnaire once you’ve received a response from the Customer Care Team.
- Retake the Personality Profile Questionnaire once you’ve received confirmation from the Customer Care Team.
Note: You will have to re-enter your information for three questions: “What is it about which you are most enthusiastic?” “What do you do in your spare time?” and “What are you thankful for?”
How Do I Change My Gender?
Unfortunately, once your registration is complete, you will be unable to change your gender.
The Compatibility Quiz and the accompanying analysis are built on the gender you choose at the start of the registration process. You’ll need to register with the correct gender again to resume your eHarmony search. And retake the Compatibility Quiz and complete your profile in a few minutes.
If you’re a non-paid user, they recommend that you first delete the wrong profile you established under your account’s Data & Settings section. This should avoid your information from being shared with the incorrect types of matches and will also allow you to re-register using your old email address.
Can I change my age if I am a premium member on eHarmony?
Yes, the same way you can, as mentioned above. If you are currently a Premium member, feel free to email them as soon as you have re-registered and supply us with your new and old Profile IDs. They will then apply your already purchased Premium Membership to your new profile.
The bottom line
You create a profile on the online dating site eHarmony, which is then matched with other profiles that are suitable for you.
Your profile includes information about your preferences, dislikes, hobbies, and the qualities you seek in others, making it important to have a perfect profile with the right information. You may alter it if you spot something that is wrongly written there.