Neil Clark Warren, a clinical psychologist by training, founded eHarmony. According to the website, the procedures used to match members are based on research and involve extensive questionnaires when signing up. According to their statistics, people finds love on their website every 14 minutes.
It is also said by most people that eHarmony is a great platform and this fact makes people get a paid subscription for themselves. And when they find their partner within two days, they ask for a refund. But to be honest, it is not so easy.
However, if you due to the same reason or some reason cancel your paid eHarmony subscriptions within the first two to three days of using the site, getting your money back is a difficult procedure. While you still can cancel non-refundable subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal in your profile settings, seeking refunds will require extra effort and time.
So, to help you out with this, I have written two methods for getting a refund from eHarmony in this article.
- How to get a refund from eHarmony?
- What is the second method for getting a refund from eHarmony?
- How to cancel an eHarmony subscription?
- eHarmony Refund Issues: What to Expect
- How long will it take to get a refund from eHarmony?
- For whom are the certain exceptions in the no-refund policy of eHarmony?
- What does the refund policy of eHarmony say?
How to get a refund from eHarmony?
As mentioned above, there are two ways to get a refund from eHarmony- through email or through the letter.
In an email, you can request a refund from eHarmony. Follow these procedures to cancel your paid subscription through email within three days of starting the service:
- Send an email to eHarmony plainly expressing that you wish to end your relationship.
- Include your account details, particularly the email address linked with your eHarmony membership.
- Before midnight on the third business day after the start of your membership, send an email to [email protected].
What is the second method for getting a refund from eHarmony?
You can use snail mail or telegram if you are not comfortable with method one, to cancel the service and get your money back:
- Write a letter to eHarmony stating your want to cancel your current subscription.
- Include a signature, as well as the date, time, and your eHarmony email address.
- Send the letter to eHarmony, Inc., P.O. Box 241810, Los Angeles, CA 90024 USA, Attn: Cancellations.
How to cancel an eHarmony subscription?
To terminate your eHarmony subscription, follow these steps:
- Go to your eHarmony account and sign in.
- On the upper right side, go to your profile.
- Click either ‘My Settings’ or ‘Account Settings.’
- At the end of the page, click ‘Cancel My Subscription.’
- To confirm, complete the steps that flash on the screen.
Your auto-renewal will be cancelled as a result of this action. And yes, you will be able to access all aspects of the site until the end of your current membership period.
eHarmony Refund Issues: What to Expect
eHarmony refunds are made considerably more difficult if you purchased your subscription through the iOS app, which is not available in most areas. Because Apple is a third party, all refund inquiries should be sent to them rather than to eHarmony.
How long will it take to get a refund from eHarmony?
When you submit your request and qualify for the refund, eHarmony will process your request and will refund your money within the time period of ten days of receiving your cancellation letter or email.
For whom are the certain exceptions in the no-refund policy of eHarmony?
If you live in one of the following states, there are some exceptions to the rigorous no-refund policy:
- New York
- North Carolina
- Rhode Island
Within three days of signing the agreement with the company, residents of these states can terminate their eHarmony premium memberships without penalty or price. The time frame does not include Sundays or holidays. The fact that eHarmony is so tight with refunds proves the company’s policy that in the event of death, you or your representatives are eligible for a prorated return for the services you prepaid for but were unable to enjoy.
What does the refund policy of eHarmony say?
Although the basic services of eHarmony are free, many people like to pay a subscription fee to gain access to all of the platform’s features in the hopes of finding a loving companion more quickly.
They have paid options ranging from one to twelve months, however, getting your money returned from eHarmony if you decide not to use their services could be difficult. Prematurely terminated memberships will not be returned and will stay valid until they expire, according to their Terms and Conditions of Service.
Note that if you chose an instalment-based subscription, your credit card would be charged until all required payments have been made in full.
The bottom line
eHarmony says that by employing scientific methods and asking specific questions during the sign-up process, they will assist you in finding your ideal spouse. Getting your money back has proven to be difficult for many people. You must request a refund in writing, either via email or postal mail.
I hope this was helpful.