By saying goodbye, we wish that one has a pleasant journey with other people. We stop promising, hoping, and assuming the role of someone else in our life. Each dating app has its own etiquette and communication style, which adds to the allure of goodbyes.
Depending on your situation, the final text to your ex-boyfriend or girlfriend may differ. If you were the one who broke up with your ex and he or she continues to contact you, it’s time to sever the chord. A text should only be used as a last resort because it may leave them with unresolved questions.
If you are the one using eHarmony, you must be knowing the “delete match” option which is similar to saying goodbye to someone. In this article, you will learn about how to say goodbye to someone who you met on eHarmony but no longer want to talk to them.
Goodbye message to send on eHarmony
- Hey, I am unmatching you today. This is my goodbye.
- [Name of Ex] I am not getting the right vibes and I am done dating you. I wish you a happy life. goodbye.
- Hello, [Name of Ex]. I’m sure you’ll agree that because we both agree that this relationship isn’t good for either of us, this should be the last time we text. I wish you the best of luck.
- Hey. So, in the end, we weren’t a good match, and we both knew it. I believe we can also understand that any future communication would be detrimental, so I just wanted to say one final time that I wish you well.
- I know we both tried our hardest to make our relationship work, but I thought I made it obvious that I don’t see a future for us. I believe it is in both of our best interests to move on at this time.
- I’m truly trying to move on, and I think you should give me some room to do so. Please accept my apologies for the lack of response.
- But let us not take this any longer, [Ex’s Name]. I believe it is past time for us to stop communicating. I’m hoping you can see where I’m coming from.
- Hi. I’m getting conflicting signals. I understand you don’t perceive a connection between us, and I need some time to think about it. This is the final goodbye.
- Hello, [Name of Ex]. I know it’s difficult to say goodbye, but I believe it’s past time for us to stop communicating. I wish you nothing but the best.
- Hello, [Name of Ex], I have to tell you the truth because you deserve it. I’m ready to move on, therefore we should probably stop messaging. Goodbye.
- I’m happy we both recognise that this relationship isn’t going in the direction we want it to. I wish you all the happiness in the world with someone else, but it’s time to say our final goodbyes.
- Hello, [Name of Ex]. I’m glad we’re together on the same page and agree that this is the final chapter. I wish you the best of luck. Goodbye.
What is the match delete feature of eHarmony?
- You can delete a match’s profile before or after communication begins if you’re not interested in them. To delete a match, go to their profile and click the menu (three dots) in the top-right corner:
- The option to “Delete Match” will appear for matches with whom you haven’t communicated yet.
- You’ll have the option to “Remove Contact” for matches with whom you’ve already communicated. You may also click “Remove Contact” from the menu in the upper right corner of your inbox when you’re in the Messages area. You’ll be prompted to choose a reason for the contact’s removal.
- If you remove or delete a Match, it will be permanently removed from your account, so make sure you’re ready to say goodbye. We won’t be able to restore their profile if you remove/delete them.
The bottom line
A text might be your best friend when a relationship has gone on for too long or you’ve tried and attempted to end it. Writing the right texts to send your ex that expresses all you’re feeling in a clear, succinct, and loving manner takes talent.
You can delete or close a match by visiting their profile and clicking on the menu or the three-dot option in the top-right corner of their profiles. If you aren’t interested in one of your matches, simply delete or close their profile before communicating with them. If you want to know more about deleting messages on eHarmony then check out my other blog.
I hope this was helpful.