Life is more fulfilling and joyful when you are surrounded by close friends. Most people would agree that certain traits, characteristics, and attributes define a good buddy. When you need someone, a good buddy is there for you. Whether it’s assisting you in coping with the loss of a loved one or simply being by your side when you’re sick.
Being there for a friend can mean listening when they really need to speak, supporting them when no one is by their side, or even scolding them like parents when they are doing something wrong. Friendship is based on loyalty, and good friends will tell you what you need to hear, even if you don’t want to hear it.
About love and relationship, it is always recommended to talk to your friends about it. Because they are there to guide you (if they are genuine friends of yours). I have compiled a list of the top deep questions about love, ranging from amusing to serious, that are likely to provoke all of the feels and strengthen your friendship.
Is there anything else you’d like to know about my love life?
I’m sure your friend will ask you a lot of these things or they would say that they already know, but they might have something else on their mind that they wanted to ask you for a long time which due to some reasons couldn’t. You should be able to answer anything thrown at you since you’re an open book with your BFF.
Would you tell me if you found out my lover had tried to cheat on me?
Will it be okay if I tell you that your partner cheated on you?
You need to make sure if they would prefer to hear it from you or their partner if something happened; would they be willing to tell you or wait until you come to know about it yourself. This is something you should talk to your best friend about. Personally, I believe that honesty is the best policy, but it is critical to understand your closest friend’s perspective on the problem.
Do you wish I lived closer to the person you care about?
Do you prefer to spend time with simply the two of you? Do they wish you were a little closer to their significant other? Receiving this response may improve your friendship. This important question shouldn’t be posed to your best friend out of self-interest. It’s wonderful to know whether your best buddy wants to tell their family and friends about you.
With whom would you like to have a particular type of relationship?
Talking about it and opening up about it is a terrific method to become closer to your closest friend by asking probing questions and assisting them with a problem they’re having. Perhaps they wish they could spend more time with their father or grandparents. Or maybe their romantic life isn’t quite what they’d like it to be.
Have you ever kept your love relationship with me a secret? If so, what’s the reasoning behind it?
This one is an intense question to ask your friend. It might lead to a fight but I’m not trying to cause an argument here, but you’re probably past whatever position you were in. remember, they probably had a valid reason to hide something from you, or they admitted they were wrong and would do things differently if they could. Don’t be mad at them instead make them feel comfortable to let them speak.
When was the last time you were moved to tears? And why is that?
This is one of those heartfelt questions to ask your dearest friend about their love life that might be quite painful. You may also ask it like, “Did you recently cry because you had a disagreement with your partner?” or “Did you break down in tears when you saw your lover cheating on you?”
Are you happy with where you’re at in your love life right now?
Can I tell you if I am happy with my love life?
If you are talking about your friend’s love life then ask them if they are happy. This might be a huge bowl of candies or rotten fish, but it’s critical to admit when you’re unhappy so you can take action.
Is there something you still want to talk about your last breakup?
When we are in pain and suffering from a horrible breakup, we all put on a brave face. Even if we stop talking about it before we stop thinking about it, it can still be excruciatingly unpleasant. Assure your friend that you are willing to listen to them rant.
- What do you lie about the most?
- Which name would you choose if you had to alter it?
- What brings you the most joy?
- When do you think you’re most exposed?
- What do you suppose it is that makes me laugh?
- Is it easy for you to express love and kindness to yourself?
- What about people irritates you the most?
- What would you change about your past if you had the chance?
- What do you believe you’ll be doing in ten years?
- What is the one thing about yourself that you would like to change today, and why?
- When you’re in need of some motivation, where do you go?
- When you’re in danger, who’s the first person you call?
- When you’re angry, what do you do?
- What is your greatest life regret so far?
- What was your most memorable romantic experience, and why?
- How do you feel about love?
- Do you think there are soul mates?
- How long does it take for you to put your faith in someone?
- Would you be willing to relocate to a foreign country without your current lover?
- What are some things about yourself that you wish people knew?
- What is the most bizarre thing you’ve ever done with someone?
- If you had to choose, would you prioritise your family or your friends?
- What have you learned from your previous relationship?
- When you were a kid, who was your favourite cartoon character?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- Who would you marry if you could marry anyone in the world, and why?
- Do you believe that making confessions strengthens a relationship?
- Have you ever judged someone based on their dark secrets?
- What is the thing that scares you the most?
- Which is more important to you: power, status, or money?
- Is there anything about yourself that you’re unsure of?
- What is one of your childhood fears that you haven’t told anyone about yet?
- What have your pals given you as a nickname? What does this imply?
- Is it death or not living that scares you the most?
The bottom line
Asking questions is one of the most effective ways to learn more about your friend’s perspective about you. Asking the correct questions might go a long way toward improving your current connection with your friend and will surely make you happy that you spoke about your love life to someone. It’s likely that you won’t always get what you’re looking for. But you must accept it.
If these questions aren’t enough for you then check out my other blogs.