At an event, how do you strike up a conversation with someone you don’t know?
Indeed, the majority of us are hopeless in this. Especially me.
If you’re an introvert, try one of these lines on someone who appears to be lonely. If you’re meeting new individuals for the first time, a sense of humour might help to break the ice and start an enjoyable conversation.
Some of my favourite conversation starters are listed below.
Asking what someone does, why he or she is at the event, or simply extending out your hand and saying hello are all good starting points. What do you have in common with the rest of the world? What happened today in your city or around the world? Are some of my constant conversation starters.
But if you are a person with a different perspective who believes in a deep conversation then you are at the right place. So, let’s get started…
Deep conversation starters
- Did you know there are sites full of conversation starters, yet we aren’t talking?
- What do you think could be beyond this universe?
- If you could possess a planet, would you call yourself a god?
- Have you heard about the oldest library that was set on fire?
- Is happiness a myth?
- Do you think we are all like a robot made by aliens?
- As a kid, what were your thoughts about the world?
- What do you think you should have done differently in your life?
- What are your thoughts on large parties versus tiny house parties?
- What age do you think is the most enjoyable in your life?
- What age do you consider to be the most difficult in your life?
- What are the top three things you want to do before you die?
- So far, what has been your proudest achievement?
- What is one thing you wish you could do but know you’ll never be able to?
- What is it that you are most scared of?
- What is the most daring thing you’ve ever done?
- Tell me about the wisest piece of advice you’ve ever received.
- When are you the happiest?
- What has been your craziest dream recently?
- What is your all-time favourite book?
- What is the total number of countries you have visited?
- What was the designation of your first job?
- What is your current job title and how long have you been there?
- What makes you believe you were hired?
- What is the most aggravating aspect of your job?
- What are your professional objectives?
- What motivates you to go to work each day?
- What would you alter about this industry if you had the chance?
- Who has served as a career role model for you?
- What was the finest year of your life?
- What city in the globe entices you the most?
- Which do you prefer: living in the country or life in a hectic, fast-paced city?
- What is your all-time favourite music right now?
- Who do you have a crush on right now?
- How much do you enjoy reading news and current events?
- How do you feel about religion?
- To you, what does love entail?
- To you, what does beauty entail?
- What does it mean to you to be a good person?
- What are the aspects of your life that you are most proud of?
- What are the rules that govern your life and daily activities?
- What dating rules do you follow?
- What is the finest birthday gift you’ve ever received?
- What is the most amusing gift you have ever received?
- Is there any significance to your name?
- Who do you think is the luckiest person on the planet?
- Is there somebody you haven’t seen or spoken to within a long time who you’d like to wish well?
- What characteristics do you seek in a potential partner?
- What is your favourite movie quotation of all time?
- Are there any questions you’d like folks to quit asking you?
- When was the last time you went to a concert?
- Why were we born?
- What is the goal of life?
- What is your life’s purpose?
- Do you think there’s an afterlife?
- Do you like your current situation? If not, what’s stopping you from making a change?
- Who shaped you into the person you are now?
- What events shaped you into the person you are now?
- When was the last time you cried in front of someone? You’re on your own?
- What skills do you have that others don’t know about?
- If you had to choose just one word to define yourself, what would it be?
- What has been the most memorable experience of your life so far?
- What is the most hilarious item that someone may buy or spend money on the internet?
- What has been the strangest event that has happened to you in the last week?
- Do you have a pet peeve?
- Do you like animals?
- When was the last time you were in a relationship?
- What is your ideal vacation spot?
- What are your favourite foods to eat?
- What was the most memorable present you’ve ever received?
- What is your all-time favourite meme?
- What is the most embarrassing SMS you’ve ever sent by mistake?
- Do you have a celebrity crush?
- If you could be any animal, which one would you choose?
- Who would you be if you could be a villain and why?
- When was the last time you did anything uncomfortable for you?
- Can you tell me something about yourself that you’ve never told anyone else?
- What were your first impressions of me?
- Could you tell me a little more about yourself?
- What would you get tattooed and where would you get it?
- If one of us was a ghost, do you think we would do evil things together?
Well, I said ‘few’ but gave you 81 best deep conversation starters- the only list you need.
The initial 11 questions are the top-notch ones, do use them and share your experience with me.