So you’ve met someone special and they’re from Jamaica? Congratulations! There are so many amazing things about dating a Jamaican man that might make the process seem even more exciting than it already is.
But knowing what to expect can also make things a bit easier. We interviewed three experts to get the details on dating a Jamaican man—from the good, to the bad, and everything in between.
With their help, I have put together the benefits, drawbacks, and what to understand, for navigating the uncharted territory of having found your perfect match… and he’s from Jamaica! Continue reading.
Dating a Jamaican Man in 2022: benefits, drawbacks, what to understand
Dating a Jamaican man can be a bit of an adventure. But if you’re the kind of lady who likes a little danger and a lot of passion, then you can handle it.
A Jamaican man just wants to make you happy, he’ll be the best boyfriend you’ve ever had. But only if you’re willing to stand up to him when he’s wrong, and listen when he’s right!
Here’s what to expect when you date a Jamaican man in 2022:
If you’ve got a thing for Rastas, know that dating a Jamaican man has its benefits and drawbacks. Some of the pros are that Jamaican men are strong, loyal to their women, and fun-loving. However, they can be possessive, have tempers, and abuse drugs. The key is finding a middle ground by showing your man love while not always giving him his way.
- Major Benefits
- Major drawbacks
- #1 Get ready for some spice:
- #2 Do not touch their hair:
- #3 Be prepared for some fun:
- #4 Know what he likes:
- #5 Jamaican men are sophisticated:
- #6 Language:
- #7 Religion:
- #8 Jamaican men in bed:
- Before you decide whether or not dating a Jamaican man is right for you, here are some things you should know about dating a Jamaican Man:
- Happy go lucky: He’ll make sure that every moment is special. No matter what happens, your Jamaican man will know how to turn it into something spectacular.
- They are all about the romance: You’ll be swept off your feet by the way he treats you like a queen. You’ll always know how much he loves you because he never stops telling you.
- They have some serious dancing skills: This may sound silly, but being able to dance is one of his most valuable assets—if you’ve never tried salsa dancing before, trust me, you won’t regret learning with him!
- They’re usually very confident in their abilities: this confidence comes from the fact that they are usually more experienced than most of the other women on the site.
- Their culture is more accepting of foreign women than some other countries in the Caribbean.
- They’re easy to get along with: they’re usually very polite and friendly
Despite their reputation for being the most passionate of all, Jamaican men have their cons too. Here are some of them:
- Jamaican men can be aggressive, so you may experience domestic violence if you are in a relationship with one. This is something that is common in Jamaica, and usually, the man is the one who becomes violent. It is said that Jamaican men like to control their women, and this can lead to abuse.
- Jamaican men are like the Chinese food of men: if you don’t eat for two hours, you’re starving and ready to eat anything that is in front of you. So taking them out for a meal might not be such a good idea, as they are likely to be hungry again in an hour.
- They also tend to have a lot of female friends, colleagues, and ex-girlfriends and flirt with them too much. But despite all this, they will always make time for their women and put them first even if it means giving up time with their friends or family. They are always there when you need them.
- Jamaican men also like to be in charge so this can pose problems for independent women who want an equal say in the relationship.
- They are egoistic. They like to consider themselves kings, so they feel entitled to having everything done for them, while they do nothing. This is a very outdated attitude and if you want to be in a happy relationship with a Jamaican man, you need to provide him with an example of what a real man should be.
- Jamaican men are filled with jealousy. Many guys from Jamaica suffer from this feeling that makes them possessive and controlling. It’s much more common among young people who live in their native country than among those who moved abroad. However, it can occur even with those living in another country if their wives or girlfriends start working or spending time with someone else without them. This is why you should talk about your feelings with your partner and discuss the possibility of you doing something without him first so that he doesn’t get upset by your actions afterward
If you are going to date a Jamaican man, make sure you know what you are getting into before you start dating him. You need to make sure that you understand what it means to be in a relationship with a Jamaican man before you decide if this is something that you want to do.
If you really want to date a Jamaican man, then there are some things that you need to know about them before you start dating them.
What to understand about Jamaican men?
Dating a Jamaican man can be an adventure. While Jamaican men are often very friendly, they can also be very passionate and territorial. If you are dating a Jamaican man, it is important to understand that there may be cultural differences that lead to some confusion.
Dating somebody from a different tradition can be a challenge for some, but fulfilling their culture is an adventure. It is a good idea to learn about their traditions before dating somebody from there. The Jamaican culture is a mix of African and Western cultures. The population that is Jamaican is mostly black colored with a few mulattos, and white and Chinese individuals. The tradition includes meals, music, language, and faith.
Here are a few things to remember when dating someone from Jamaica.
#1 Get ready for some spice:
Jamaican men love spicy food. If you are planning on cooking for your husband, I suggest staying away from anything spicy. Even the mildest of spices will be too much for them. Try to stick with bland, white foods like chicken breasts, rice, and potatoes.
#2 Do not touch their hair:
If you have ever dated a Jamaican man before, then you already know that their hair is something that they take great pride in. You should never try to touch their hair without asking first. It is important to remember that this is not only disrespectful but also a sign of aggression.
#3 Be prepared for some fun:
Jamaica has some of the best beaches in the world. If you want to go out and have fun with your Jamaican man, then make sure that you get him some tickets to go on vacation with you.
#4 Know what he likes:
Jamaican men are known to have big egos and to be very competitive as well as protective over their women. They’re also known for being hard workers and to provide for their women. Be prepared to date someone who loves to take charge.
#5 Jamaican men are sophisticated:
A Jamaican man can show his love for you in many ways, from cooking you breakfast in bed to serenading you with reggae songs. However, he’ll also expect you to cook for him, take care of the home and children and never have much of an interest in your career or paying bills if he’s the primary breadwinner. He’ll expect you to keep up your appearance as well by having your nails done, makeup on point, and hair styled at all times.
People in Jamaica talk English (the formal language) and Patois (the method that is casual of). You will have the ability to talk with your spouse in English because it’s the language that is main but learning Patois will help you comprehend their tradition better.
Many people in the nation are spiritual which means you could find that your particular partner that is Jamaican prays daily or goes along with their household towards the church on Sundays. Many people also search for love in churches so if you’re trying to find a Jamaican man then check always there out.
#8 Jamaican men in bed:
When it comes to sex, Jamaican men tend to be very dominant and know how to please their women…so this is a bonus! (unless you hate being the bottom)
Before you decide whether or not dating a Jamaican man is right for you, here are some things you should know about dating a Jamaican Man:
There are many benefits to dating a Jamaican man or woman because the country has so much to offer. A lot of people visit Jamaica each year and it’s obvious why they love it so much!
The weather is beautiful, the people are friendly, and there’s great food, music, and activities all over the island. And don’t forget that gorgeous Caribbean Sea!
A Jamaican man is usually very respectful of his wife and family. He will treat her well and take care of her needs when she is pregnant or has children of her own.
Jamaican culture is very different from other cultures in the world. For instance, their language is unlike anything else, their food is unique, and they have a different set of values and beliefs than anyone else. This makes dating a Jamaican woman or man more than just a little bit challenging.
The bottom line
They know how to charm women, and they will keep you interested. They will be giving you compliments, taking you out on dates, and doing everything right. But if things don’t work out the way they want them to after a while, they can show their dark side. They are known to force women into submission. They can also become very aggressive if a woman refuses to stop talking to another man.
Jamaicans like to take their time. These men love their freedom. They don’t like people who try to control them or rush them into making a commitment before they are ready for it. If you are dating a Jamaican man, you should know that he might not tell you about his feelings for a long time because he wants to be sure about his feelings first and then make the next step.
However, if he is really into you, he will do everything in his power to win your heart and convince you that you’re the only one for him.