Are you fed up with paying for your OkCupid subscription? Or Did you finally find your soulmate? Or Are you not as active on OkCupid as you once were? I will help you cancel your subscription to the OkCupid app.
OkCupid provides you with multiple-choice questions to help you match users. Based on the questions you answer on the site or app, the online dating app helps you identify people who are a good fit for you.
To view your subscription details, go to your Subscription Settings page on the website (not the app). OkCupid always gives you complete control over your subscription, and you may cancel it at any moment by contacting them.
When it comes to cancelling subscriptions, there are a few things to keep in mind.
The following are some of them:
- Because you gave permission, once you subscribe to a plan and don’t cancel it manually like you did when you first subscribed, the plan will automatically renew.
- When you sign up for a trial period and then cancel, you face the risk of losing all of the trial content.
- You must cancel a membership manually 24 hours before the trial period expires.
Note: If you pay for your membership through iTunes or Google Play, those services don’t know when your OkCupid account is stopped, re-enabled, or even cancelled, so they don’t cease billing you. You must cancel your membership with iTunes or Google Play independently from deleting your OkCupid account if you want to stop being billed.
If you paid for the app with PayPal or a credit card, how to cancel your OkCupid subscription?
- Go to http://okcupid.com/settings in a browser.
- In the app or on the mobile site, you won’t be able to cancel.
- To Cancel Your Subscription
You’ll find a list of your subscriptions on the settings page, as well as a link to “Turn off automatic billing.”
You will not be billed again in the future if you click this link, but you will maintain the remaining time on your membership that you have already paid for.
What to do if you bought subscription of okcupid through google play?
You won’t be able to cancel your membership via our website if your payment method is Google Play or iTunes and there is no “downgrade” button.
So, if you used your Google Play Store account to subscribe to OkCupid:
- To begin, go to play.google.com.
- Double-check that you’re using the correct Google Account.
- Select My subscriptions from the left-hand menu.
- Choose the subscription you’d like to cancel.
- Go to Manage, then Cancel Subscription.
What to do if you bought a subscription to OkCupid through iTunes or an iPhone app?
So, if you used your iTunes or iPhone to subscribe to OkCupid:
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store on your iPhone (not the OkCupid app).
- At the top of the screen, tap your Apple ID.
- Select View Apple ID from the menu.
- Select Subscriptions from the drop-down menu.
- Select the subscription you’d want to manage.
- To terminate your subscription, select Cancel Subscription.
- Your subscription will cease at the end of the current billing cycle if you cancel.
On your Mac, take these steps to cancel your OkCupid subscription:
- To get started, open the Mac App Store and then click on your name in the sidebar at the bottom.
- At the top of the window, click the “View Information” option and sign in if prompted.
- On the following screen, scroll down until you reach the “Subscriptions” tab, then click “Manage.”
- After clicking “Edit” next to the OkCupid: Online Dating App app, choose “Cancel Subscription.”
Note: If you need to manage a subscription, make sure you use the same username and ID you used to set it up. This isn’t always the same as the Apple ID or Android brand ID you’ve created.
OkCupid renewals and accounts that have been disabled or deleted:
Disabling your account does not instantly cancel your subscription/auto-renewal if you paid for it with PayPal or a credit card.
Before you disable your account, you must cancel your auto-renewal if you do not want your subscription to renew.
They will automatically cancel your subscription/auto-renewal if you remove your account, and you will not be charged again.
The bottom line
By focusing and spending unrushed time on OkCupid, you can meet suitable dates. OkCupid already has a lot of search filters, so you won’t be left in the dark. A profile read should be a complete visit: read the profile, look at the photos, and answer as many compatibility questions as you like. Then pick whether or not you wish to send a message to him or her.
One of my favourites in online dating sites is OkCupid in 2022, but as said we all have different views so if you are not comfortable or do not need the app anymore feel free to unsubscribe.
I hope this was helpful.