Humans were given a voice so they could talk and communicate, simultaneously making their bonding with each other strong.
According to a Psychology Today article, just 7% of communication occurs through the content of the message, with the rest occurring through body language, vocal tone, emphasis, and pitch.
Similarly, some interactions are better carried out over the phone or in person. Following are the 100 deep questions to ask your close friends or family to strengthen your connection.
My favourite deep questions
What do you think could be beyond this universe?
It’s interesting to start your conversation with an unexpectedly deep question. Sometimes such questions lead to a conversation you can never forget. The person talking to you will get an idea about your different thinking and will feel curious to know you more and more.
Are you working on anything exciting right now?
Don’t limit yourself to professional initiatives when answering this question. It’s conceivable they’re occupied with something creative outside of work, such as painting their bedroom or training their new dog.
When you were younger, what did you want to be?
Inquire further about who or what contributed to their accomplishment if they were able to realise their dream.
Who do you look up to as a role model?
What qualities or accomplishments of their role model do they admire the most? Check to see if they think they have any of the same characteristics.
100+ Deep conversation starters to strengthen your bond
- Are you a follower or devotee?
- Do you practice mindfulness?
- What is your viewpoint about a healthy ego?
- What is that one thing you can never forget about?
- What methods do you use to deal with stress?
- What is your life philosophy’s foundation?
- Is it possible to have both good and evil?
- What kind of death would you prefer?
- Do you believe in incarnation?
- What do you think about witches and magic?
- When was the last time you cried?
- When was the last time you laughed for real?
- When was the last time you were in a big dilemma?
- When was the last time you felt like giving up on everything?
- What are the features that we share as a family?
- Who is the messiest member of the family?
- Do we have any dark secrets in our family?
- What does it mean to you to be a part of a family?
- Is it natural to be jealous in a relationship?
- Would you rather have freedom than safety?
- When we first met, how did you feel?
- Do you and your family have a strong bond?
- Which of your cousins is your favourite?
- When is it appropriate to stop using social media?
- Have you ever considered looking for love on social media?
- What makes social media so intriguing?
- Is it possible that newspapers may be phased out in the future?
- Which of your Zoom meetings has been the most awkward?
- What current news have you read?
- What are the current happenings that are having a significant impact on your life?
- Is there something peculiar about your mother?
- Is there anything peculiar about your father?
- Do you believe your parents have faith in you?
- Which do you prefer: family gatherings or personal time?
- When the stakes are high, what do you need from your friends?
- What items do you always bring with you everywhere you go?
- If you had to name this year, what would you call it?
- What is one kind of self-expression you have been hesitant to try?
- What is your life’s goal?
- What exactly does honour imply to you?
- Do you believe it’s acceptable to murder someone who has harmed you in the past?
- What is the most heinous punishment you can imagine?
- Have you ever made a change or pondered making a change to gain acceptance from others?
- What are the decisions you’ve made in your life that will have the most long-term impact? How long is that effect going to last?
- Do you have any faith in astrology?
- Do you think your zodiac sign correctly reflects your personality?
- Is it true that humans have free will, or is it just a construct of our minds?
- What principles did your parents implant in you?
- What are two or three major truths on which you’ve made choices?
- Is there a time in your life when the church has had an impact on you?
- Is it more important to you to do things correctly or to accomplish things correctly?
- What is it that the majority of individuals learn after it is too late?
- When visiting another nation, what was your most memorable “cultural shock” experience?
- What are some of the questions you don’t think should be asked at a dinner party?
- Which feature of your personality would you like to enhance if you had the opportunity?
- Which of the following colours best defines your personality?
Red, blue, green, purple
- Which pizza topping do you relate to the most on a personal level?
- What are you reading now that isn’t for a class or a job requirement?
- Who, out of everyone you’ve met so far, do you believe knows you the best
- What word would you use to describe the ugliest object on the planet?
- What have you accomplished as an adult that you would be proud of if you were younger?
- Is it ethical to spend money on high-priced meals when others go hungry?
- Is it possible to have both right and wrong at the same time?
- Do you believe that humans and animals have souls?
- Where did we get our personalities?
- What do you consider to be the most appealing aspect of your personality?
- What is the name of your hero, and why did you pick him or her?
- Can you tell me about a time when you figuratively outgrew someone? Were you torn between what you should do and how you should feel? Why and how did this happen?
- What has been the most difficult decision you’ve ever had to make for your family?
- Are you willing to go to any length to protect your family?
- What unique delicacies would you provide for your loved ones?
- Do you have any idea how many birthmarks I have on my body?
- What was one of the things that used to make me weep a lot when I was a kid?
- What types of events delight our family?
- What is the most enjoyable aspect of having siblings? What about the worst-case scenario?
- What would you do if a tattoo was applied to one of your children or grandchildren?
- Do you have a better or worse relationship with your siblings than you do with your friends?
- What if everyone’s life expectancy was significantly increased?
- What is your favourite aspect of yourself? Why?
- Is the world a better or a worse place if religion isn’t present?
- What words would you use to describe the most beautiful item on the planet?
- You are only capable of erasing one thing from existence. What do you intend to do with it?
- What is one question you are hesitant to ask me but are keen to learn the answer to?
- What element of our relationship do you think you’d miss the most if it ended?
- If you died tonight and had no way of contacting anyone, what would you most regret not telling me?
- Do you think you’re more successful than I am? Why?
- What is one terrible behaviour that you don’t want me to kick?
- Do you believe that our partnership allows you to be yourself?
- What is your favourite memory of us?
- What kind of parent do you aspire to be?
- Have you ever considered ending your relationship with me for no apparent reason?
- Do you believe that a deep link with your partner is required in order to fight or love?
- What is the worst thing that has ever occurred to you while travelling?
- So far, what has been the highlight of your day?
- If you could possess a planet, would you call yourself a god?
- Have you heard about the oldest library that was set on fire?
- Is happiness a myth? What do you think?
- Have you been a victim of identity theft?
- Do you find it tedious to read newspapers?
- Is it possible for people to change for the better?
- What do you think about taking a social media detox?
If you have a better conversation starter, do let me know in the comments below.
Use the conversation starters I listed just for you.